This issue has now been fixed.
Notion will automatically convert apostrophes (
') and quotation marks (
") to left single quotation marks (
’) and right double quotation marks (
”). Here is a recording below:
Please note that only the text block is affected, however, the code block looks normal.
Reproduced this bug on Web and Android.
Didn't test on other platforms.
Would this be caused by:
- OS? No. Tried on both Windows and Linux
- Languages? No. Tried with Chinese as default and then English.
- Input? No. This only happens when using Notion.
- Browser? No. Tried on both Chrome and Firefox.
- Google Chrome Extensions? No. Tried in Incognito mode.
- Old Cache in Notion? No. Tried in Incognito mode on Chrome. And my Firefox is newly installed.
❯ echo $LANG zh_CN.UTF-8 ❯ uname -a Linux fky-arch 5.17.1-arch1-1 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon, 28 Mar 2022 20:55:33 +0000 x86_64 GNU/Linux ❯ google-chrome-stable --version Google Chrome 100.0.4896.75
Let’s assume that not all users get affected (especially the English users). Otherwise, it should be found immediately by the English user.
And if this bug is led only by language in HTTP REQUEST, changing Language should resolve the problem. But the result is negative.
So maybe Notion is doing some A/B testing aimed at Chinese users. Any account in the variation group is affected by this bug.
It seems like Notion is testing some spellcheck feature. And warning logs keep appearing in the console.